Collaboration between Cambridge University Czech and Slovak Society (CUCSS) and Czech and Slovak Students in Zurich (CSSZ) brings an opportunity for members of the two societies to visit the other city.
Each of the two societies chooses 8 members to be part of the programme, who will then be paired based on interests. Participants of this programme will host their paired peer (a member of CUCSS) in Zurich for 4 days in exchange to be hosted in Cambridge.
- Presentation of the two cities and universities to members of the other university
- Establishing tighter connection between CSSZ and CUCSS with the potential of stronger collaboration in the future
- In case of academic interests of the participants, establishing contacts to members of relevant departments at the target university
If you are among selected participants, you are offered the following:
- Accommodation for 3 nights in a CUCSS member’s room in Cambridge (on an inflatable mattress, couch, or a similar low-cost solution)
- Entry to the Annual Dinner of CUCCS on 14 May, in the form of a formal dinner at the Trinity Hall College, also attended by the Trinity Hall Master Ms Mary Hockaday
, who, in the early 1990s, was covering post-communist Czechoslovakia for the BBC in Prague.
Dress code: smart (black tie optional)
Included: pre-drinks, 3 courses, wine
- A sightseeing tour of Cambridge and the University
- An in-person meeting with the CUCSS committee
Participants need to arrange their own flights and catering. However, peers from the other university will be happy to help, e.g. agree to cook meals together, give advice on travel, etc.
The programme is an exchange, so we ask the participants to offer a similar package to members of CUCSS, in particular, to accommodate your peer from Cambridge at your place for the 3 nights between 20—23 April 2023.
How to apply
If you are interested to participate in this exchange, follow the steps below:
- Fill in the Application Form by 31 March 2023.
- If needed based on the number of applications, coordinators may request you to answer additional questions or join a brief interview.
- If you are selected, you will be notified via email by 5 April 2023.
Responsible for picking the participants of the exchange are coordinators of the program in both cities.
Coordinators also reserve the right to change the program details, dates, and what is offered, as might be needed at any time.